This Summer Explore Iced Tea
by Wagh Bakri on Apr 27, 2023
Who says tea is just for hot weather? From sweet and fruity to bold and bitter, iced tea is the ultimate summer sipper. A beverage that’s sure to quench your thirst and tantalise your taste buds no matter which season it is. As a matter of fact, Iced Tea has become so popular that there is a National Iced Tea celebrated in the United States annually on June 10th.
But do you even know how many versions of this famous drink are available in the market? Let’s explore the varie-teas of Iced tea with the tea experts of Wagh Bakri. Before we do that let’s take a little dip into knowing where it all began!
The origins of Iced Tea
Ice Tea first started to appear in the United States during the 1860s, although they were seen as a luxury initially, later on in the 1870 it became quite popular and widespread. Its popularity rapidly increased after Richard Blechynden introduced it at the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis. Initially, iced tea was made by pouring hot tea over ice which resulted in a washed-down flavour. Later on, when new methods were developed like brewing tea with hot water and then letting it cool down one could preserve the flavour of iced tea.
Today, ice tea is sold in packaged bottles and is one of the most popular beverages around the world. It can be quite easily found in some variation in every continent. From spiked punch to a healthy drink alternative, Iced Tea has travelled a great distance in its relatively short history.
What are the types of Iced Tea
1) What are the types of Iced Tea
One of the most popular teas in the world, Black Tea traces back its origins to China where it was known as ‘red tea’ or ‘Hong Cha’ due to its colour. It is an excellent source of antioxidants and is consumed both as hot tea and cold as an iced tea. Black Tea has also been used as a base for several flavoured teas, such as Chai and Earl Grey.
Generally, black tea is known to have a strong and bold flavour which can be described as earthy and malty with notes of caramel, spice, or fruit. Its aroma is also quite distinctive, some black teas have floral or fruity aromas while others have a smoky or woody one.
You can also buy gourmet tea online to enjoy this versatile beverage either on its own or as a base for tea blends and iced tea recipes.
2) Green Iced Tea
Did you know? Unsweetened green tea is a zero-calorie beverage!!! (Feel like adding it to your routine? Us too!) Its leaves are typically harvested by hand and it can take up to 2,000 hand-plucked leaves to make just one pound of tea.
Green tea has a delicate and fresh flavour that can be described as grassy or vegetal. Some of its other variants may also have a slightly sweet or nutty taste with a light floral aroma with hints of herbs or citrus making it a popular pick for making an iced tea. Apart from being used as a beverage, it can also be incorporated as a cooking & baking ingredient in several sweet & savoury dishes.
You can buy green tea online and enjoy it hot or also serve it as an iced tea or blend it with other ingredients to make a healthy beverage.
3) Herbal Iced Tea
Herbal Teas are not your regular teas as they are made from dried fruits, flowers, herbs and spices instead of the regular Camellia Sinensis plant. Some popular herbs used to make this tea are tulsi (holy basil), ajwain (carom), hibiscus, chamomile and mint whereas spices like ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, pepper and cloves are commonly used.
Herbal teas can be blended with other herbs, spices, or teas to create unique flavour combinations. For example, a blend of chamomile, lavender and lemon balm can create a relaxing & mild iced tea, while a blend of black tea and cinnamon can create a spicy and nutty ice tea.
You can buy gourmet tea online & when used as iced tea flavours like chamomile and peppermint give you a quick reminiscence of freshness.
4) Fruit Iced Tea
Do you prefer a classic peach iced tea, a lemon iced tea enriched with Vitamin C, or a fruit-punched orange iced tea? Look no more, because we’ve got them all! You can buy instant tea online from buytea.com!
Whether enjoyed on a hot summer day or as a midday pick-me-up, these iced teas are sure to please. Plus, with the added benefit of antioxidants and other nutrients found in tea and fruit, you can sip on these delicious ice tea guilt-free throughout the summer.
How to make the perfect Iced Tea?
Although making the perfect iced tea can be a matter of personal taste there are a few steps you can follow to ensure that your iced tea turns out to be great every time.
1. Bring water to a boil in a large pot or kettle.
2. Add 1.5 teaspoons of a tea of your choice in about 200 ml of water.
3. Allow the tea to seep in for about 2-4 minutes. ( longer if you like it strong)
4. Let the tea cool at room temperature.
5. Once the tea has cooled, transfer it to a pitcher and refrigerate it for about 2 hours.
6. If you prefer it sweetened, add your choice of sweetener.
7. To serve, fill a glass with ice cubes and pour the chilled tea over the top.
8. If desired, you can also garnish with a lemon wedge.
When using an Iced Tea Premix :
1. Add 1 tbsp. of Ice Tea premix in the glass. (lemon/peach/orange)
2. Pour about 125ml of chilled water into the glass.
3. Stir your iced tea well.
4. Add ice cubes, serve and enjoy!
Where can you buy instant Iced Tea Online?
Buytea.com by Wagh Bakri Tea Group is an online store where you easily purchase Instant Iced Tea from the comfort of your home! Here you’ll find a wide variety of teas except for just instant iced tea. It is one of the most popular platforms for you to buy tea online.
1. Wagh Bakri is India’s most trusted tea brand according to TRA’s report and with a huge number of Wagh Bakri tea lovers around the world, it has emerged as a truly global brand.
2. Wagh Bakri Tea Group never compromises on the quality of its products. Our instant iced tea flavours are curated to instantly charge up your day. These iced tea flavours are personally tasted and checked in our taste test labs to ensure that we only deliver the best to you.
3. A wide variety of iced tea flavours to choose from which are otherwise not available in traditional general stores. You can browse through buytea.com and find the one that suits your taste buds the best.
4. You can buy gourmet tea online, buy Indian tea online, or even buy no-sugar instant tea online at your convenience. You can do this from anywhere in India with an internet connection.
5. Buying iced tea online also saves you a lot of time otherwise you might’ve to spend at multiple stores looking for your favourite flavour.
Now that you know everything about iced teas, we suggest you try Wagh Bakri’s tasty iced teas and let them become your favourite drink of the season! And if you are cutting down on your sugar, Buy no sugar instant tea online.
You can go to buytea.com and choose from a huge plethora of teas available! Order, enjoy and sip on these teas from the comfort of your home because we wouldn't let you go out during this harsh summer! Let us come to you!